Sunday, September 26, 2010

First weeks in a city are always busy...

So it's been a minute since I posted anything. I was so gung-ho and excited to begin with and then was busy and dropped off the planet. Nothing much insightful in this post, just catching up.

We closed Minneapolis a week ago and I was able to spend 48 glorious hours at home. Hubby was true to his word and we watched the Top Chef finale together and just enjoyed being together. It's those things that we can't do over the phone that mean a lot when we are together. Lying on the couch, exploring new places and people watching, and going to restaurants... makes me a happy woman.

He made me breakfast too. Blueberry pancakes with sliced strawberries and bananas, which were incredible. He is such a great chef. I do love to cook and am very competent in the kitchen, but he's the master. I'll be his sous-chef any day.


Enjoying Madison, WI right now. Some of us are renting a house on a huge lake, complete with our own little dock!  It's relaxing to be right on the water and finally, with a day off tomorrow, I can really spend some time enjoying it. Of course, I wish my other half was here to enjoy it too...

Oh, and I've got the 'nesting' itch really bad (not the 'I -want-to-have kids' way but the 'I-want-our-own-place-to-decorate' way)...

3 comments:

  1. Just want you to know that "m" is Adam's aunt Margaret. I have tried to comment before but can't seem to get the hang of it yet. I think I have it figured out this time. Gini told me about your blog and I am so glad you are doing this. I try not to "bother" Adam with emails -men!- so this will allow me to keep up to date with all ya'll are doing. I have no advice to give but know that your love for each other can help you weather what ever comes along. I pray for your new family often. Hope to see you dance sometime. Doesn't look like I am going to make the Memphis show. It may have already come and gone now that I think about it. Anyway, Love you both! mmyers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused. If "M" is Aunt Margaret then who is "Teeter506"? Seems like Aunt Margaret.

    By the way, Lindsay is cooking tonight, one of my favorite meals, turkey meatloaf ... in Madison, WI. It's times like these that make long distance seem like REALLY long distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually head to Memphis next after Madison! Thank you so much for the sweet post.

    And Adam, I am actually just perfecting the turkey meatloaf so that it'll be the best ever when I make it for you!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete