Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Domestic Weekend

Made it to Memphis!

On my days off, Hubby and I had a domestic few days. It felt nice. It felt right.

We had a theme night on Monday! I took my own advice and turned just sitting around watching tv into an event. Hubby is a HUGE Atlanta Braves fan and the Braves' playoff game was actually on tv (a rarity in New Jersey). We decided to grill hot dogs and make french fries and try to create our own ballpark atmosphere.

Isn't he handsome?
Just remember I woke up at 3:40am to get a cab to the airport and hadn't slept yet...

And with that in mind, I think I made it until the 9th inning before I fell asleep. That's pretty good for me! Especially while cuddling... 

Then, after he made me breakfast again, we went on a little shopping spree! On the eve of our seven month anniversary, we finally started using our gift cards from the wedding. We made a Crate and Barrel and Macy's trip (at a mall in New Jersey... how suburban of us) and picked out items we did not receive from our registry. It was such a tease to be shopping for things for our house and then to leave them all wrapped up in storage. But it was nice to start picturing what our home will look like one day.



And a miracle happened... we agreed on a comforter for our bed! We have differing taste when it comes to bedding. I'm all about duvets and he hates them. I like more feminine prints and he hates them. But we decided on.... the Plaza coverlet from Crate and Barrel in 'flax,' which has a slight metallic sheen to it. I couldn't believe we agreed on one! 

Now I'm getting settled in Memphis. The day I leave is always the hardest....

2 comments:

  1. The day she leaves is the WORST. THE. WORST. And for some reason I thought today would be a good day to go to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, we should have planned that better...

    ReplyDelete